2013 SoNo Stars House League
The SoNo Stars House League is a 3 on 3 youth development league that provides players with the right coaching and environment to enhance their skills and take their game to new levels. This fall we will be offering leagues from Mite through Peewees.
From Mites to the NHL, small area games , 3 on 3 in particular, are being implemented to foster speed, agility, creativity and most importantly, involvement in the game! Playing on a smaller surface with fewer players allows everyone to get MORE touches on the puck, MORE opportunities to make plays and develop their skills.
• Playing on a smaller rink results in increased puck possession time for each player.
• Individual technical skills develop more quickly.
• More frequent line changes in the game means more ice time for each player.
• Scoring skills are enhanced since the players have more shooting opportunities.
• The goalkeeper's reading of the game and reaction to changing game situations become more effective.
• The game is full of continuously changing situations.
• The speed in playing situations increase, which will require quicker mental and physical reactions by the players.
• The feeling of being an important part of the action increases because of the small size of the rink.